The third component of the mission is affordable housing in partnership. This is a supply side intervention. The Mission will provide financial assistance to EWS houses being built with different partnerships by States / UTs / Cities.
- To increase availability of houses for EWS category at an affordable rate, States / UTs, either through its agencies or in partnership with private sector including industries, can plan affordable housing projects. Central Assistance at the rate of Rs.1.5 Lakh per EWS house would be available for all EWS houses in such projects.
- The States / UTs would decide on an upper ceiling on the sale price of EWS houses in rupees per square meter of carpet area in such projects with an objective to make them affordable and accessible to the intended beneficiaries. For that purpose, State and cities may extend other concessions such as their State subsidy, land at affordable cost, stamp duty exemption etc.
- The sale prices may be fixed either on the project basis or city basis using following principles.
- An affordable housing project can be a mix of houses for different categories but it will be eligible for central assistance, if at least 35% of the houses in the project are for EWS category and a single project has at least 250 houses. CSMC, however, can reduce the requirement of minimum number of houses in one project on the request of State Government.
- Allotment of houses to identified eligible beneficiaries in AHP projects should be made following a transparent procedure as approved by SLSMC and beneficiaries selected should be part of HFAPoA. Preference in allotment may be given to physically handicapped persons, senior citizens, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, minority, single women, transgender and other weaker and vulnerable sections of the society. While making the allotment, the families with person with disability and senior citizens may be allotted house preferably on the ground floor or lower floors.
- Detailed Project Report of such projects prepared by concerned implementing agencies should be approved by SLSMC.