With an objective to encourage students for further education, Pune Municipal Corporation grants financial assistance to the students who have passed the 10th & 12th examination. Named after Bharatratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe, these schemes provide financial support for the students who have recently passed 10th or 12th standard examination.
Applications for the current year shall be accepted from 29th July 2019 to 30th November 2019. Students should fill their application form online at dbt.punecorporation.org and submit the print-out of the filled application along with necessary documents (Click here read the list of required documents) at the nearest ward office. The applications at the ward office will be accepted from 1st August 2019 to 5th December 2019 on working days from 10.30 AM to 4.00 PM.
What are the schemes?
Any student from Pune who passed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or any equivalent examination this year will get the one-time scholarship of Rs. 15,000 under Bharatratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad educational scheme.
Similarly, Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe educational scheme will award the scholarship of Rs. 25,000 to the students who passed Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or any equivalent examination.
Who can apply for these schemes?
- The student should belong to the area under Pune Municipal Corporation.
- The student must have obtained a minimum 80% in SSC or HSC exam in the year February-March 2018.
- If the student belongs to Backward Category or studied in Pune Municipal Corporation’s regular/night school, he/she is required to have obtained minimum 70%.
- If the student is 40% handicapped, minimum percentage required is 65%.
- The student must have applied at a recognized institute for further education.
For more details, please call on 18001030222 (Toll Free Number)