OVERVIEW & FUNCTIONING
Our primary aim is to implement various labour welfare activities and ensure proper implementation of provisions made by the Section 66 of Maharashtra Municipal Corporation Act. Our department plays a vital role to keep cordial relations and industrial harmony between the Administration and all the employees of Pune Municipal Corporation.
We consistently work towards provision of welfare activities for the employees through Kamgar Kalyan Nidhi, Workers Education Training Programme, Cultural Programmes, etc. The department is also responsible for scrutiny of cases of appointments to the legal heirs as per the recommendations of Lad & Page Committee, cases of overtime, and coordination for cases filed in the labour and industrial court of Pune. Timely redressal of employee grievance is important to us, and we try our level best to ensure that it is done in a peaceful manner.
Marathi BhashaSanvardhan is a significant initiative of the Department as it conducts various activities to create and conserve Marathi language awareness amongst the citizens of Pune.
All the members of this department strive to provide full benefits of labour welfare schemes and initiatives to the employees of Pune Municipal Corporation, and we envision to grow and expand along the lines mentioned below:
- Expansion of Human Resource Development Cell
- To ascertain Training Need Analysis for effective and need-based training
- To construct Kamgar Kalyan Bhavan
- To create certralised Pay Unit
- To arrange yoga, sports activities and fitness training for encouragement of health awareness in female employees
Labour Welfare Department as per the provisions of Section 66 of Maharashtra Municipal Corporation Various welfare activities for all employees of PMC are carried out by our department. Some of the main activities are mentioned below.
- To implement provisions of various Labour & Industrial laws.
- To give legal opinions to all departments regarding labour issues.
- To implement various welfare schemes as provided in Kamgar Kalyan Nidhi Rules.
- To organize various training programmes to the officers and employees of PMC along with Workers Education Programme.
- To organize various programmes as decided by Marathi Bhasha Sanvardhan Committee.
- To give final approval of all Indemnity Bond cases, General Provident Fund cases, Computer / Vehicle loan etc.
- To make necessary arrangement for industrial harmony and to coordinate all disputes between Union and Administration in a peaceful manner.
- To scrutinize proposals sent by various departments as per recommendations of Hon.ble Lad / Page Committee and overtime cases.
- To coordinate and constant follow up of the cases in the Industrial & Labourcourt.
- To arrange various cultural programmes.
Yoga - Workshops18 Images
Medical Lectures - Workshops4 Images
Sport Events - Labour Welfare Fund90 Images
General Meetings - Labour Welfare Fund10 Images
Dindi - Labour Welfare Fund10 Images
Womens' Day - Special Events for Women14 Images
Rewards and Recognition8 Images
Educational Trainings11 Images
Vardhapan Din - Cultural Events5 Images
Labour Day - Cultural Events60 Images
-- No Video Found --